Clinical Research Support Grants The Foundation’s 2-year Clinical Research Support Grants support patient- and outcomes-oriented clinical investigations that address the specialty’s most urgent priorities. Consideration in 2021 is limited to proposals addressing the safety of the OMS anesthesia delivery model. CRSGs are funded in two annual payments of $75,000 each.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Applicant must have obtained a doctoral degree.
- Applicant oral and maxillofacial surgeon (OMS) must have completed an oral and maxillofacial surgery training program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association (CODA).
- If the Principal Investigator is not an OMS, there must be qualified OMS as Co-PI and the relationship of the PI to the specialty must be specifically stated. The Co-PI must have an active role in the project with time commitment of the Co-PI contributing 10% effort with time commitments stated in objective terms.
- The OMS on the project must be a fellow or member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) and must be a donor of the OMS Foundation.
- All applications must be submitted online via our grant management software.
- Only the most current NIH biosketch format will be accepted.
- Applications that do not adhere to the guidelines will not be reviewed.
Applications accepted from April 15-July 15. Please contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Further the development of scientific investigators who are committed to clinical problems related to oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Foster inter-professional research collaborations that facilitate advances in clinical research.
- Encourage promising lines of patient-oriented and outcomes-oriented research consistent with the research priorities established by the specialty.