Norma L. Kelly
Resident Spouse Scholarship
The OMS Foundation Alliance is proud to partner with OMSNIC to welcome spouses of OMS residents to the AAOMS Annual Meeting each year. The Norma L. Kelly Resident Spouse Scholarship reimburses travel expenses up to $1,000 for spouses accompanying residents to the Annual Meeting.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Applicants must be the spouse of a junior or senior resident attending the AAOMS Annual Meeting. Preference is given to spouses of residents who have applied to present at the AAOMS Annual Meeting.
- A narrative summary of your experience as a Kelly Scholarship awardee must be submitted to the Foundation within 30 days of your return from the Annual Meeting.
- Detailed travel expense receipts must be submitted to the Foundation within 30 days of your return from the Annual Meeting.
- Scholarship funds will be disbursed upon receipt/approval of these materials.
The Norma Kelly Scholarship wasn't just about facilitating my attendance; it was about creating an environment where I felt valued, supported, and part of a larger family. I left the AAOMS meeting with a heart full of gratitude and a stronger sense of belonging to this remarkable community”
- Graham Keir, 2023 Norma L. Kelly Scholarship recipient
Honoring the late Norma L. Kelly
Norma was a former Alliance chairwoman known for her big smile and welcoming presence. Kelly Scholarship recipients are guests of honor at all Alliance events at the Annual Meeting, where veteran Alliance donors offer friendship, mentorship and support to these important newcomers to the OMS community.
Kelly Scholarships were awarded in 2023 to:
- April Bitner, Iowa City IA
- Iva Dauti, Baltimore MD
- Graham Keir, New York NY
- Amanda Pickard, Jacksonville FL