Norma L. Kelly Resident Spouse Scholarship The OMS Foundation Alliance is proud to partner with OMSNIC to welcome spouses of OMS residents to the AAOMS Annual Meeting each year. Through its Norma L. Kelly Resident Spouse Scholarships, the Alliance reimburses travel expenses up to $1,000 for spouses accompanying residents to the Annual Meeting.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Applicants must be the spouse of a junior or senior resident attending the AAOMS Annual Meeting. Preference is given to spouses of residents presenting at the AAOMS Annual Meeting.
- A narrative summary of your experience as a Kelly Scholarship awardee must be submitted to the Foundation within 30 days of your return from the Annual Meeting.
- Detailed travel expense receipts must be submitted to the Foundation within 30 days of your return from the Annual Meeting.
Scholarship funds will be disbursed upon receipt/approval of these materials.
“With this scholarship, my 6 month old and I were able to join my husband for the first time at the AAOMS Annual Meeting. I had a great experience connecting to others at the Alliance Events. I look forward to returning to future AAOMS meetings and staying involved with the OMS Foundation Alliance!”
- Sara Nourani, 2022 Norma L. Kelly Scholarship recipient
Honoring the late Norma L. Kelly
Norma was a former Alliance chairwoman known for her big smile and welcoming presence. Kelly Scholarship recipients are guests of honor at all Alliance events at the Annual Meeting, where veteran Alliance donors offer friendship, mentorship and support to these important newcomers to the OMS community.
Kelly Scholarships were awarded in 2022 to:
- Sara Nourani of Plano, TX
- Ted Dann of Indianapolis, IN