The OMS Foundation International Fellowship for Cleft Lip and Palate and Craniofacial Surgery is a twelve-month program jointly supported by the OMS Foundation, the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (IAOMS) and the IAOMS Foundation. The International Fellowship offers OMS residents and junior faculty from the U.S. an immersion year in their specialty combined with an unmatched cultural experience. The 2020 International Fellow will train with expert surgeons at Peking University School & Hospital of Stomatology (Beijing, China) beginning September 1, 2020. The International Fellowship will be jointly administered by the IAOMS and OMS Foundations; the OMS Foundation will provide a $20,000 stipend to cover travel and housing costs.
Applications for the 2020 OMS Foundation International Fellowship for Cleft Lip and Palate and Craniofacial Surgery will be accepted September 3 through November 3, 2019. Find the online application here.
- Dental or Medical Degree or both
- Program is open to those candidates who complete Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Training (Residency) Program by June 30, 2020 and for up to five years after completion of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency
- Applicants should have a desire to pursue an academic career
- Applicants should have the ability to communicate in English
- Applicants must be an IAOMS member for the 12 months preceding the application deadline or make a two–year membership commitment to IAOMS
- Applicants must be an AAOMS/ROAAOMS member
How to Apply:
Candidates must complete a detailed application form and submit it to IAOMS along with:
- A personal statement on why you should be considered for the Fellowship (included in the on-line application)
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from your Training Program Director
- Letter from supporting institute documenting your privileges in oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Two letters of recommendation from IAOMS or AAOMS members
- Signed Confidentiality Agreement