Apply for Funding
Grants, Awards and Scholarships
Grant and Award Submission Period is Open
Please take a moment to read our How to Apply worksheet and the revised guidelines for the Research Support Grant (RSG) and the Student Research Training Award (SRTA) prior to entering the grant portal. The OMS Foundation grant and award submission period will end on July 16, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
Click on the Grant Portal button below to begin the application process.
Research Support Grant
The Research Support Grant is $75,000 per grant and is awarded to the institution. The purpose of the Research Support Grant is to:
- Further the development of scientific investigators who are committed to problems related to oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Foster inter-professional research collaborations.
- Encourage promising lines of basic, translational, and patient-oriented research consistent with the research priorities established by the specialty.
This is a one (1) year award with an opportunity for one (1) additional year of funding.
Student Research Training Award
The Student Research Training Award is $12,500 per award and is awarded to the institution. The purpose of the Student Research Training Award is to:
- Attract highly qualified health profession students to biomedical and behavioral research applicable to oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Increase the number and quality of investigators within the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Interest dental students in the specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Provide additional support to institutions where there are active and productive programs of oral and maxillofacial surgery research.
This is a two (2) year award that helps support the institution’s training program.
The OMS Foundation offers various scholarships to support oral and maxillofacial residents. Check back to see what opportunities we have available.
Alliance Resident Spouse Scholarship
The OMS Foundation Alliance is proud to offer the Resident Spouse Travel Scholarship. The scholarships are $1,000 each and are meant to help offset travel expenses for the resident spouses to attend the 2018 AAOMS Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL.
- Applicants must be the spouse of a junior or senior resident who is attending the 2018 AAOMS Annual Meeting.
- Preference will be given to spouses of residents presenting at the 2018 AAOMS Annual Meeting.
Click here to access the Resident Spouse Scholarship. The deadline to submit an application is 11:59 CDT July 31, 2018. Please visit the Alliance section of our website to learn more about the Annual Meeting Alliance Events and the Resident Spouse Travel Scholarship.
Clinical Trials Methods Course Resident Travel Scholarship
The submission period for the Resident Travel Scholarships has closed.
If you have questions regarding the grants, awards and scholarships offered by the OMS Foundation, please contact Leah at 847-233-4366 or email@example.com.