Apply for Funding
Grants, Awards and Scholarships
Grant and Award Submission Period for the Research Support Grant and Student Research Training Award is now open.
Research Support Grant
The Research Support Grant is $75,000 per grant and is awarded to the institution. The purpose of the Research Support Grant is to:
- Further the development of scientific investigators who are committed to problems related to oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Foster inter-professional research collaborations.
- Encourage promising lines of basic, translational, and patient-oriented research consistent with the research priorities established by the specialty.
This is a one (1) year award with an opportunity for one (1) additional year of funding. Find the guidelines for the 2019 Research Support Grant here.
GIVE (Global Initiative for Volunteerism and Education)
Five GIVE scholarships ($2,500 each) will be awarded for travel in 2019 to:
• A minimum of 24 months of OMS residency training
• Acceptance to an OMS Foundation-approved volunteer surgical program
• A collaborative, team-centered work ethic and a compassionate world view
Apply after Nov. 1, 2018 to be considered for a $2,500 GIVE travel stipend in 2019.
Volunteer surgical programs with:
• OMS-related activity as a primary focus
• A senior surgeon (OMS, ENT, plastic surgeon, etc.) serving as director of the program
• Approval from the OMS Foundation
Prospective hosts can apply today to become an approved GIVE host and qualify their resident team members for funding eligibility.
Click here to download a GIVE Program Application.
Student Research Training Award
The Student Research Training Award is $12,500 per award and is awarded to the institution. The purpose of the Student Research Training Award is to:
- Attract highly qualified health profession students to biomedical and behavioral research applicable to oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Increase the number and quality of investigators within the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Interest dental students in the specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Provide additional support to institutions where there are active and productive programs of oral and maxillofacial surgery research.
This is a two (2) year award that helps support the institution’s training program. Find the guidelines for the 2019 Student Research Training Award here.
The OMS Foundation offers various scholarships to support oral and maxillofacial residents. Check back to see what opportunities we have available.
Alliance Resident Spouse Scholarship
The OMS Foundation Alliance is proud to offer the Resident Spouse Travel Scholarship. The scholarships are $1,000 each and are meant to help offset travel expenses for the resident spouses to attend the 2019 AAOMS Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL.
- Applicants must be the spouse of a junior or senior resident who is attending the 2019 AAOMS Annual Meeting.
- Preference will be given to spouses of residents presenting at the 2019 AAOMS Annual Meeting.
The submission period for the Alliance Resident Spouse Scholarship will open in July 2019. Please visit the Alliance section of our website to learn more about the Annual Meeting Alliance Events and the Resident Spouse Travel Scholarship.
Although the CSIOMS conference is complimentary, travel and lodging still has a cost. The Foundation recognizes the importance of such educational opportunities and has designated funds (up to $12,000) to provide scholarship assistance to OMS Residents attending the CSIOMS conference up to $1,000 each. Scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis, so apply now.
- Applicants must be a current member of ROAAOMS.
- Applications must include a written statement summarizing qualifications for receiving the scholarship and what the individual hopes to obtain from attending the conference.
- Applicants must provide a current CV.
The application for the travel scholarship to the CSIOMS conference is currently closed.
If you have questions regarding the grants, awards and scholarships offered by the OMS Foundation, please contact Amanda at 847-233-4351 or email@example.com.