GIVE Initiative For Residents Global Initiative for Volunteerism and Education (GIVE) provides up to $2,500 in travel stipends to residents traveling internationally with experienced OMS teams to deliver humanitarian healthcare to undeserved populations.
Eligibility & Requirements
- A minimum of 24 months of OMS residency training.
- Acceptance to an OMS Foundation-approved volunteer surgical program.
- A collaborative, team-centered work ethic and a compassionate world view.
Volunteer Surgical Programs with:
- OMS-related activity as a primary focus.
- An OMS serving as the director of the program or as a prominent member of the team.
- Approval from the OMS Foundation.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
When the mothers and fathers saw their children for the first time after their surgery, their positive reactions and facial expressions transcended any language barrier between providers and patients. As surgeons, I believe we all have a duty to give back to those who have little or no access to care. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve in Bangladesh through the GIVE program!
- Dr. Jessica Lee
Connecting to something greater than yourself is key to living a meaningful life. GIVE offers residents an opportunity to experience this type of connection through education and service in parts of the world that are less familiar, leading to personal growth and lasting memories.
- Louis Rafetto, DMD, OMS Foundation Director
Support innovative research, education opportunities for residents!
- Provide financial assistance to OMS residents to travel internationally with approved programs to deliver humanitarian healthcare to underserved populations.
- Provide training and experience in areas of oral and maxillofacial surgery that residents may nottraditionally receive in their program.
- Provide initial exposure to the rewards associated with providing healthcare to underserved area of the world.