Who We Are
Welcome to the OMS Foundation Alliance
The Alliance’s numerous activities at the AAOMS Annual Meeting each year provide a variety of networking opportunities for spouses, allied staff, and friends of oral and maxillofacial surgeons to get involved in the specialty. AAOMS Annual Meeting activities sponsored by the Alliance include daily health walks, breakfasts, and the much anticipated Alliance Annual Event luncheon, which raises support for the OMS Foundation.
The Alliance also sponsors annual Resident Spouse Scholarships, which provide travel reimbursement to spouses of residents attending the AAOMS Annual Meeting.
Since 1993, the Alliance has raised $345,000 in support of the OMS Foundation, including:
- $267,500 in research awards, fellowships, and grants. This total includes $130,000 for the 2018 AAOMS Faculty Educator Development Award and $12,500 for the Student Research Training Award.
- $25,000 commitment over five years to support the Annual Fund.
- $15,000 for sponsorship of the 2018 AAOMS Clinical Trials Methods Course (CTMC).
- $11,500 for Resident Spouse Scholarships.
- $10,000 for Resident Travel Scholarships to the 2018 CTMC.
- $5,000 for sponsorship of the 2018 AAOMS Resident Transitions into Practice Conference.
Your Alliance donation is vital to our fundraising efforts. Alliance donors contribute $125. Patrons contribute $200 per year and receive special recognition. You can make your donation online or by downloading the donation form and returning it to the OMS Foundation. For more information about the Alliance, contact Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the latest Alliance newsletter!
2017-2018 Alliance Committee
Ms. Michelle Schneider, Chair, Maple Grove, MN
Ms. Carmen Hupp, Vice Chair, Crossville, TN
Ms. Angie Henderson, Charleston, WV
Ms. Ellyn Hutton, Wilmington, DE
Ms. Christina Seldomridge, Leola, PA